A complete balcony overhaul
When we inspected the timberwork for this property in Sydney’s Ashfield, what became apparent was the whole balcony beam was severely rotten and in real danger of collapsing. After discussions with the client we agreed that a full balcony restoration was the best approach.
We began by removing the original cast iron frieze / lacework and balustrade and demolishing the existing timberwork.
We then stripped the frieze and balustrade back to the original metal and made the required repairs.
To ensure long lasting paintwork we use only Australian made primers and paints.
What we did:
- Analysed an old balcony and decided to demolish and start from scratch
- Removed original cast iron frieze and balustrade for preservation
- Destroyed existing balcony
- Delivered complete balcony rebuild
- Restored frieze / lacework and balustrade to original condition
Heritage Restorations and Renovations is a Sydney based boutique restoration and renovation business.
We specialise in:
- Deck restoration
- Balcony restoration
- Wrought iron work
- Water features
- Furniture restoration
- Home renovations
- Period architecture recreation